Updated: Dec 19, 2018
The roots of Westminster church were established in 1857 when Central Presbyterian Church started a mission Sunday School in the outskirts of Wilmington in a section called McDowellville.
On January 28, 1886, the Church came into its own when the Chapel was organized into the Rodney Street Presbyterian Church, with 55 members. To accommodate a growing congregation, the present Gothic style sanctuary was started in 1910, encompassing part of the original building. Upon completion in 1911, the name was changed to Westminster Presbyterian Church.
Designed by: Brenda Belfield
Fabrication: Stanisic (Apperlo) Art Glass Studio